Contract On The Table For Anton Khudobin?
PUBLICATION
MarcO
May 27, 2018 (11:44)
The Boston Bruins stated that they definitely need to address the backup goaltender situation.
While Malcolm Subban sits on the bench in Vegas, it doesn't look like the Bruins have anyone within their pipeline to step up and take on the backup goaltender role.
General Manager Don Sweeney has stated he'd like to bring Anton Khudobin back while Cam Neely said he was looking for an upgrade.
Two local reporters believe Sweeney will likely get his wish.
According to Kevin Paul DuPont, Khudobin will likely sign around the $1.5million mark after making $1.2million last season.
Jimmy Murphy adds that according to his "sources" the Bruins are very close on a two year deal.
Would you like to see the Bruins sign Khudobin to a two year contract worth $1.5million a season?
Some fans have said no considering the Montreal Canadiens signed Antti Niemi to a 1 year $950k deal.
Previously on Bruins Insider
|
7 hours ago | By Bruce Raymond Ex-Bruin fan favourite officially leaves the Florida Panthers organization: His new path was just revealed |
|
11 hours ago | By Austin Sabourin The hockey community is mourning another tragic passing of a 23-year-old hockey player |
|
12 hours ago | By Austin Sabourin Transaction: Boston Bruins to place a defenseman on waivers and lose him for free |
|
14 hours ago | By Bruce Raymond Boston Bruins to combine with the Vancouver Canucks in a massive trade with latest proposal |
|
16 hours ago | By Austin Sabourin A statement was issued following a completed trade between the Boston Bruins and Edmonton Oilers |
|
17 hours ago | By Austin Sabourin First look at Charlie McAvoy in Team USA Olympic gear was leaked |
|
18 hours ago | By Bruce Raymond Announcement confirmed a Boston Bruins defenseman will be stepping away from the organization |
|
Aug 27 | By Austin Sabourin Charlie McAvoy issued a statement regarding his health after his season ending injury: It's surprising |