Almost 40 People Rushed To Hospital After Getting Poisoned At Hockey Rink

Published February 13, 2024 at 12:47
BY

The Barton Ice Arena in Melbourne, Australia, turned into a scene of chaos when 38 individuals were rushed to the hospital due to fears of fatal carbon monoxide poisoning.

The incident occurred during a women's ice hockey game, with 16 team members and two other women showing severe symptoms.

Fortunately, despite high levels of carbon monoxide detected, exposure was limited, averting potential tragedy. Investigations suggest the leak originated from an ice resurfacing machine, prompting its immediate shutdown.

This alarming event underscores the critical need for functional carbon monoxide detectors in all arena facilities, emphasizing the silent but deadly nature of this gas.


As seen on hockeyfeed
POLL
February 13   |   450 answers
Almost 40 People Rushed To Hospital After Getting Poisoned At Hockey Rink

Have you ever encountered carbon monoxide?

Yes13229.3 %
No31870.7 %
LIST OF POLL
Latest 10 stories